Tuesday, April 17, 2012

good citizen





This weekend I went for a run, and on my way I came across a fire!  It had only just started, just a circle of embers about the size of a dinner plate.  By the time I got off the phone with the fire department, it had grown exponentially, as you can see in that first photo.

Since it was a rather "safe" fire (I mean, it was just a pile of haystacks, and it didn't really have anywhere to go from there), it was not scary, but really interesting.  I'd never called the fire department before.  And I'd never seen a fire managed in the city.  It was intriguing to watch it all pan out: when the police arrived, then the fire truck, then turning on the fire hydrant and connecting the hoses. 

I can tell you this, haystacks burn HOT and FAST.  Just fyi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...