Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Acaiiiiiii

Another summer staple in my house...


Acai Sorbet

  • 4 pure acai pulp smoothie packs (4 oz each), thawed (I found this at whole foods by the frozen fruit. Also, I think it's easier to take the pulp out of the packets while frozen and then let thaw.)
  • 3/4 cup agave nectar (I do think that it's a bit on the sweet side, but when I lowered the agave, I found that the sorbet didn't scoop very well; it more like crumbled. )
  • 2 Tbs lemon juice (I just squeezed in a whole lemon)

Whisk together all the ingredients, and pour into 9" square (or thereabouts) tupperware. Put container in freezer. Stir mixture with fork every half hour or so, scraping up the frozen bits. When it's firm enough, serve and enjoy! Can be stored for about 1 week.


Guys, this is so delicious! It's sweet and nutty and fruity and light. Mmm. Acai is SO good for you. It has more antioxidants than blueberries, strawberries and red wine combined, and it is high in anthocyanins. These things are proven to fight cancer, heart, disease, diabetes, and then some. Agave nectar is also a great sweetener choice, because it is has a low glycemic index, allowing for only small fluctuations in blood sugar. Nice, right? Right.

(p.s. I had this stuff in Hawaii with granola and fresh fruit -- pretty awesome! They called it an "Acai Bowl." My sister prefers it paired with a little vanilla ice cream.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...