Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a day's inspiration

This morning I was looking through some of the websites I've 'favorited' over time, and I decided to take another glimpse at a site full of Rumi's poetry. I found a few verses that are inspiring me today...

'Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn't make sense.'


'I died from minerality and became a vegetable;
And From vegetativeness I died and became animal.
I died from animality and became man.
Then why fear disappearance through death?
Next time I shall die
Bringing forth wings and feathers like angels;
After that, soaring higher than angels -
What you cannot imagine,
I shall be that.'


[Look! This is love]

Come, come whoever you are.
Wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving,
It doesn't matter.

Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have brokn your vow
a thousand times
Come, yet again, come, come.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...