Monday, October 17, 2011

London, in pictures

I've been back from England for almost a month, so I guess it's time I shared some pictures from my trip. Since I'd done most of the classic touristy things when I studied abroad in London, I spent most of my free time in museums, at the theatre, and walking around town.  It was heaven.




 

 King's Cross St. Pancras

 Outside the British Library (where there's lots of really cool old documents)

 
 Trafalgar Square
My fabric purchase from Liberty of London


 Big Ben

Westminster Abbey
 Buckingham Palace



 In the middle of Hampstead Heath, hidden away

The English Rose

 I had never seen a magpie before - Aren't they charming?





 Doesn't this mushroom look from a storybook?

 These are some favorites from the V&A



Watercolors by Beatrix Potter


  
gorgeous hydrangea were everywhere
Another visit to Hampstead Heath

(Paris to follow!)

1 comment:

margaret said...

i have seen those same mushrooms in denmark....alice in wonderland but deadly poisonous! love the photos! saw my first magpie in denmark this fall - a very dapper looking bird!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...