Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library"

Sometimes when I walk through bookstores, I just touch the books. Just rest my fingers on those little pieces of another's soul. That's what they are to me... little pieces of someone's soul, smeared on to crisp pages and wrapped in a dust cover. I marvel at the authors' investment and willingness to share. They package their beliefs & dreams & visions and sell them off for $12.99 (so cheap!) -- and we read, critique, and carry on. Do we realize what we hold? People put their lives into these works. It is their biggest thought, simmered down, all sweet and sticky, into a concentrated version for anyone who'd like a taste.

[quote by J.L.Borges; photo via flickr]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...