Sunday, July 20, 2008

"If you weren't a human, what would you be?"

Several months ago at the Santa Monica Art Museum, 250 kids created a mural, illustrating what they would choose to be -- if only we could choose that sort of thing. I love the choices they made: an airplane, a snail, a turtle, an ice cream cone, a book, the sun, and all sorts of creatures and machines that live only in the imagination. I marvel at the thoughts of children, and I often try to pull myself back into that imaginitive, wonder-full state of mind a child holds so naturally. I wish it was still as easy for me as it once was, but I think as we 'grow up', all of us can fall away from that. I am thankful for little reminders like this.

That striped fish looks quite charming, but today i feel that a field of tall golden wheat would be lovely.
---if only we could choose that sort of thing.

[via Blik Surface Graphics (co that worked with the museum on this endeavor) blog]
P.S. i just noticed the Gameboy with arms and legs in the second picture. Fantastic!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...